EdVenture Snow Sports Instructor and Winter Camp Mentor
Winter 2019/20 Seasonal Team
The EdVenture Snow Sports Instructor and Winter Camp Mentor will join a team of snow lovers to deliver top quality ski lessons and activities. The position entails being a positive role model and mentor to children aged 4–14 years. In this role, you will lead on-mountain ski or snowboard lessons with a range off-mountain activities, including snowboard building, snowshoe adventures, snow safety and more.
About MnK Niseko
EdVenture Winter Camp offers a unique camp experience for children during their time in Niseko, Japan. The program is designed to allow children and instructors to make the most of the incredible powder snow, both on and off the mountain, all whilst building confidence, learning new skills and having fun.
- Model good sportsmanship through enthusiastic, non-competitive participation and support.
- Ability to lead or assist and supervise children in off-mountain activities.
- Responsible for the safety of each camp participant in the instructor’s care (Duty of Care)
- Snowsports instructor qualification.
- Must hold a valid working holiday visa or be aJapanese citizen.
- Fluency in English. Fluency in Japanese orMandarin an advantage.
- Ability to work outdoors in a range of weather conditions.
- Must hold a valid Japanese driver’s license or be able to obtain an International Driving Permit.
- First aid qualifications an advantage, but not essential.
- Experience and/or desire to work with children in a camp setting.
- People skills, and a friendly, service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Passion to work in the outdoors, particularly a snowy environment.
- Enthusiasm, patience, and a reliable nature.
Working days/hours will vary depending on business needs
Based on qualification and experience
Seasonal accommodation provided for a monthly rate of ¥40,000 (plus ¥40,000 bond)
- All-mountain lift pass for the duration of your contract.
- Access to affordable staff accommodation
- Access to company vehicles during work hours
23 November, 2019 – 28 February, 2020 (with the possibility of extending to the end of the ski season)
How To Apply
To apply for the role and join our 2019/20 winter seasonal team, please click on the button below.Apply Now