As a Resort Host, you will be the heart of our daily operations, ensuring that our guests' holidays are everything they expect them to be and more.
Your responsibilities will include providing excellent customer service for our guests and owners along with looking after our beautiful accommodations. We are seeking hard working staff who can go the extra mile for our guests, while being organised and self motivated to make sure all daily tasks are completed so that operations run smoothly. You will be working as part of the Guest Services team alongside our Maintenance and Cleaning teams to make sure our properties are correctly maintained. Teamwork within MnK is important to make the winter seasons run effectively, and so we are looking for individuals who have awesome teamwork skills to join us here in Niseko.
About the Company
MnK is a distinctive and growing company specialising in resort accommodation management in the beautiful Niseko, Hokkaido. Our amazing locations in the ski resort of Niseko-Annupuri are the perfect place for holidays and outdoor activities. We provide property management and hospitality management to our 3 locations; Akazora, The Chalets at Country Resort and The Orchards Niseko. We want to ensure all owners and guests have the most enjoyable and comfortable time with us and we try to personalise our service to ensure all guests feel welcome and at ease while enjoying their winter escape. During the winter months we are at our busiest and rely on hiring an amazing crew of winter staff to expand our team and help run our operations through these busy months.
- Meet and greet guests on arrival in Niseko
- Drive guests to and from the resorts (occasionally in difficult and challenging driving conditions)
- Organise and perform accommodation checks before guests arrive and after the guest departs
- Organise and perform check ins/check outs
- Promote and up sell MnK's suite of resort services
- Provide guests with local information and recommendations upon request
- Concierge duties, including answering telephones, inputting information in correct locations, completing daily tasks
- Regularly clear lots of snow!
- Support the Front Desk team and site manager
- Support other teams during busy times
- Experience in a previous hospitality role preferred
- Face to face customer service experience essential
- Must be able to use your initiative and work well under pressure
- Applicants must show a level of maturity while still being fun to work with
- A willingness to go the extra mile to help out your team/our guests
- Comfortable with physical work and up for a lot of snow clearing!
- Must have or be eligible to obtain a Japanese Working Holiday Visa or already have the legal right to work in Japan
- Must have a Japanese driver's license or be able to obtain an International Driving Permit valid in Japan
- Applicants must be fluent in English or Japanese (English/Japanese/Mandarin bilingual language ability is highly advantageous)
- A desire to experience a ski/snowboard season in a bustling mountain town
- Affordable Staff Accommodation available
- Monthly seasonal staff incentive and rewards program
- Discounted tours & activities from local suppliers
- Working with awesome people from around the world
- Access to some of the best powder snow on the planet!
- Potential to move into a year round position for outstanding team members
Late November, 2021 until the end of March, 2022
Depends on customer demand and snow conditions but on average you are expected to work 40-50 hours a week during peak (Christmas/New Year and Chinese New Year) season and 20-30 hours per week in low season. Average of 40 hours per week.
¥1,100 - ¥1,400 per hour depending on experience and language ability. Applicants with experience of more than one year in the hospitality industry will be strongly considered.
How To Apply
Please click on the button below to apply. If you have any questions on the above position, please contact our HR Manager by emailing email@example.com