Our Snow Clearing team keeps our resort operating in some of the snowiest conditions on earth. As a member of the Snow Clearing team, your role is to support the Operations & Maintenance Manager by actioning snow clearing tasks as directed.
The ideal candidate will have experience with manual labor, safe working practices, working in harsh weather environments, operating machinery and will be able to work both individually and as part of a team.
The winter months in Niseko can be challenging, with extreme weather conditions and an average snowfall of over 14 metres: it's safe to say this position is not for the faint of heart! In this position you will be required to clear entrances to offices and chalets, balconies, roofs and vehicles. Training will be provided and safety is paramount. At the end of the day, we want everyone that joins us to understand how special Niseko is and have them return year after year.
About the Company
MnK Niseko is a distinctive and growing property management and hospitality company that operates year-round, located in the natural surroundings of Niseko, Hokkaido. We specialise in resort accommodation management, with three distinct locations – Country Resort, Akazora and The Orchards. As the ski slopes of Mt Niseko-Annupuri are situated just minutes away from our resort communities and apartment hotel, our accommodation solutions provide the perfect setting for family or group holidays. Part of our vision is to ensure that all of our property owners, holiday guests and team members share in the very best friendly and professional experiences. The motto “Stay as a guest, return as a friend” helps to define all of our interactions. Our winter months are our busiest, and so we rely on the support of our amazing winter seasonal crew to help us bring our vision to life.
- Undertake daily manual labor
- Provide support to the operations and maintenance teams
- Maintain the daily snow clearing flow and report any dangerous snow conditions
- Manually clear the snow at the entrances of offices, vehicles and chalets each morning
- Operate snow clearing machinery e.g. snow blowers
- Clear snow at heights e.g. on roofs, balconies etc (safety equipment and training provided)
- Support other teams/departments during busy times
- Experience in a previous manual labor role preferred
- Used to hard work and working in extreme weather conditions
- Mature and views safety as a priority
- A willingness to go the extra mile to help out your team/our guests
- Comfortable with physical work and up for a lot of snow clearing!
- Must have or be eligible to obtain a Japanese Work/Working Holiday Visa
- Must have or be able to obtain an International Driving Permit valid in Japan/Japanese Driving Licence
- Applicants must be fluent in English (Japanese/Mandarin and other languages are an advantage)
- A desire to experience a ski/snowboard season in a bustling mountain town
- Subsidised staff accommodation available in the heart of Hirafu Village
- Monthly seasonal staff incentive and rewards program
- Discounted tours & activities from local suppliers
- Assistance with health insurance, registration and paperwork
- Working with awesome people from around the world
- Access to some of the best powder snow on the planet!
1 December, 2021 until the end of February 2022 (with possible extension until the end of March)
Depends on customer demand and snow conditions but on average you are expected to work 32-40 hours a week during peak snowfall periods.
From ¥1,300 - ¥1,500 per hour depending on experience. Speaking Japanese is a big plus, but not essential. Applicants with previous manual labor experience, experience operating snow clearing machinery will be strongly considered.
How To Apply
Please click on the button below to apply. Apply Now