Winter Kids' Camp Mentor – Expressions of Interest
Winter 2020/21 Seasonal Team
The EdVenture Niseko Winter Kids' Camp Mentor will join a team of snow lovers to deliver a memorable, safe and fun winter camp experience for children aged 4–14 years. The position will require individuals to be a positive role model and mentor participants in a variety of outdoor activities. Along with the EdVenture team leader, you will lead a range off-mountain activities, including snowboard building, snowshoe adventures, snow safety and more. Ski or snowboard instruction experience highly desirable.
- Model good sportsmanship through enthusiastic, non-competitive participation and support.
- Ability to lead or assist and supervise children in off-mountain activities.
- Responsible for the safety of each camp participant in the instructor’s care (Duty of Care)
- Snowsports instructor qualification highly desirable, but not essential
- Must hold a valid working holiday visa or be aJapanese citizen
- Fluency in English. Fluency in Japanese or Mandarin an advantage
- Ability to work outdoors in a range of weather conditions
- Must hold a valid Japanese driver’s license or be able to obtain an International Driving Permit
- First aid qualifications an advantage, but not essential
- Experience and/or desire to work with children in a camp setting
- People skills, and a friendly, service-oriented attitude
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Passion to work in the outdoors, particularly a snowy environment
- Enthusiasm, patience, and a reliable nature
Mid-November start (to be confirmed)
How To Apply
Express your interest
Please click on the button below to apply. If you have any questions on the above position, please contact our HR Manager by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org